ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF RPL CONSULTANT
In realising its objectives of ensuring that South African skilled coaches have recognised qualifications and the coaching sector is professionalised, SASCOC has embarked on an RPL process with its member National Federations (NFs). In advancing this process, SASCOC has a contract position for a RPL Consultant, based at SASCOC offices in Houghton, Gauteng, who will assist in the implementation of this process.
- Participate in the implementation of the SA Coaching Framework (SACF) and Long Term Coach Development (LTCD) framework
- Develop efficient and effective delivery of Coach Development in particular the implementation of the Long Term Coach Development framework for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Assist with the RPL in the Coach education programmes, guidance notes, resources and manuals
- Assist with the development of an RPL policy for sports coaching for each of the coaching categories
- Submit project plans and timelines
- Determine the National Federation coach development pathways for federations in line
- with the LTCD for articulation, progression and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Develop an RPL Implementation Plan for coach developers, Assessor, coaches, and professional designations at all levels of the SACF and the LTCD Framework which
- includes but is not limited to:
- o A RPL Project Plan
- o Assessment tools for coach developers, coaches and professional designations
- which assess blended prior learning: practical coach developer skills, coaching skills and theoretical knowledge commensurate with the required NQF level of learning and competence;
- o Prepare information documents for RPL candidates and RPL panel members;
- o Assessment and report sheets;
- o Liaison with SAQA, CATHSSETA and other relevant structures where applicable.
- Assessment reports: individual, general and overarching:
- Individual reports to include recommendations for RPL candidates who have
- been found Not Yet Competent, and for skills and competency gaps closure and
- skills upgrade for all categories of coaching roles
- General feedback and report on progress and tracking of the project status o Overarching report to include the final project deliverables.
- Assist with the RPL development aspects of the Coach Education alignment tool of existing programmes with gaps closure against available coaching unit standards/ learning outcomes/level descriptors in support of NF accreditation for credit bearing training and RPL
- Co-ordinate research on RPL in the sports sector.
- Excellent knowledge of the South African Coaching Framework and Long Term Coach development framework
- Excellent English communication skills: written and spoken
- Excellent knowledge of designing and developing RPL processes and procedures: international as well as national.
- Experience in designing and implementing RPL at various levels of Higher Education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges
- Excellent knowledge of South African legislation and national directives governing
- RPL practice in South Africa
- Familiarity with international resources aiding international benchmarking of RPL processes
- Proven participation in national and international RPL networks
- Research experience and recommendation for further development of Sport
SASCOC’s HR consultants, PCS, have been exclusively retained to manage the recruitment process. Candidates with the requisite competencies are encouraged to apply by submitting a short letter of motivation together with a brief resume, to [email protected] by no later than 02 February 2015 at 16h00.